viernes, 26 de octubre de 2018

Archaeology



Hi everyone! The topic this week is about careers. Mine is archaeology. Here in the University of Chile first we enter in a general course of anthropology. After two years we choose one of three mentions available: social anthropology, physical anthropology and archaeology. But, I must to say that in high school I was very confused. Many ideas went through my mind. Firstly I was interested on astronomy. I still love astronomy, but I think that formulas and calculation wasn´t of my complete liking. Astronomy in theory is just so beautiful, but if you want to study a career you must feel comfortable with all the things that career carry on. Medical technology was another option. At sixteen years old I choose biological asignatures (called electives), thinking in this careers as a good choice for me. In that moment archaeology and psychology capture my attention too. Then I realized that medical technology neither was something on which I feel passionate for it. So I had this two options in my hand. Truly I didn´t have much knowledge about archaeology. However, I considered archaeology like a very exciting career. Something capable to give me a huge amount of knowledge of all tipe. A outsider discipline that allows me to travel and meet cultures so different to ours. I thought that archaeology workfield was not so developed in this country. And in part that´s true. At the other hand, I usually am a very observat person. Sense people is something that I´m good at. It was a very difficult choice, but finally I tend toward archaeology. And I´m so happy for that decision. I´m going to be honest. The first year of university I had some doubts. But during the second year, I was so sure. And now I´m completely motivated. Actually I already have a theme on which I want to get on. 



Resultado de imagen para arqueologia






































1 comentario: