lunes, 30 de mayo de 2016

My favorite festivity

There is a day in the year that I like it very much since I was a child. New year´s day is celebrated the first day in the new year, january 1st. But the celebration and its setouts begin the day before, december 31th. All that preparation for receiving the new year is something that I like very much. This festivity it dates back to Ancient Babylon, 4000 years ago. New Year start with the first crescent, in spring. Others countries celebrate New Year in different days. January 1st was established at the time of the Romans, in the gobverment of Julio Cesar.
Additionally to preparing dinner, I like a tradition in particular. I write all my wishes in a paper, ncluding objetives and personal goals that I propose myself. Then, I bury the paper in some place, or also I burn it, and throw the ashes from above (I live in a department. The building have 27 levels, so I go to the rooftop). 
I like New Year´s day because there is a desire to improve the next year. Be a better person,   do good actions and amend the mistakes from the past.



1 comentario: